Friday 25 February 2011

My appointment with DWP




I have an appointment with DWP on Monday at the local jobcentre. They want me to see an Incapacity Benefit adviser in order that they can ascertain whether I am ready for work immediately, not ready for work at all, or ready for work in the future. I just do not understand what bit of not fit for work they dont understand. Are they not happy with the fact that I had a hernia operation at the beginning of 2008 which then developed a wound infection from which I almost died, then had another operation two weeks later to drain it. In the intervening period I was on drips for five days within the AAU.

That whole process took me virtually a year from which to recover; I was fit for nothing in 2009 and then in January 2010 I had another operation for a cubital tunnel in mt left arm. They may need to open that up again. In the meantime I have suffered from anxiety, depression, pre-diabetes and it is difficult to estimate the effect of so many anaesthetics on my system. I shall be 60 on March 10th, yet they have still called me up.

I dont understand what bit of "pensioner" they dont understand either. They seriously think that they are going to be able to find someone work who is of pensionable/retirement age, who has had very serious illnesses and who still needs to be hospitalised for more operations?

Its the complete and utter insanity of all these processes which really get me? I just dont understand how the DWP keep doing it, or what on earth they hope to get out of it? Perhaps if they tune into this blog, or to my FB page, which I understand is the kind of thing they do, they can explain to me whats going on.

No comments: